Thursday, May 21, 2015

splurgeats: Hit and Mrs.

hello you,

I'm finally back with another food review! Actually I have tons of food photos waiting to be posted, but the perfectionist (only in food) in me says I still need more time! I guess we'll just have to stick with outfit posts for the time being, cos those posts are brainless and can be done in 15 minutes!

Went to KL for a doctor's review and also to attend Love, Bonito debut show in Malaysia (more on that in the next post) with my pretty girlfriend, W. A little hiccups but we had fun! We checked out this place, Hit & Mrs in Bangsar, which we have both read about in blogs but never been there. We "uber-ed" most of the time while we're there, and I totally recommend it. Especially in places like KL where the taxi drivers are rude and dishonest!

Ok, back to the main topic.

This is the menu, it's extremely simple. Their menu actually changes, therefore it's just a simple piece of paper of the dishes available on that particular day. I super love such concept? Cos it's like you can keep going and yet you're trying different stuffs everyday! They have a tasting menu as well, 5 course, so you get to try them in a smaller portion for a very worth it price (but minimum 2 orders). We weren't that hungry and were not that keen on some of the dishes so we went for ala carte.

This is the complimentary amuse bouche that day, I'm sorry but I kind of forget the actual name of it? But it's salmon sashimi cubes with beetroot and zucchini and I forgot what else but it was good, very appetising!

This is for the cocktail freak in me, assam boi margarita! Super love margarita but I guess sour stuffs really doesn't go well with me. Still good, very interesting combination.



The interior of Hit & Mrs, it's not big at all, it's rather small and cozy. I love the fact that it's an open concept kitchen and very near the dining tables. Like you're getting front row tickets to all the actions in the kitchen!

I didn't choose any of the entree as I didn't see any that I like, so I went for 2 appetisers instead. I know, me and my weird traits. This is the Hokkaido Scallop, not the biggest out there in the market, but it was juicy and succulent, grilled to perfection (in my standards la). Love the sauteed oyster mushrooms as well. As it was a appetiser, hence the small portion, but I could totally see myself having 2 of this.

This is the wagyu cheek that W ordered. It was good on the first bite, but according to her it gets kinda too overwhelming after eating half of the piece. Perhaps the cut was too thick and slightly too much for a lady, since we girls take smaller bites. Should be good for guys, I guess.

This is my other appetiser, Salmon Trout Confit. This is a little to raw for me, I'm not a big fan of raw food ever since my food poisoning, but would be good as a sharing item? I had 3 pieces and that was it for me. I love the quinoa though, never thought I would say this, but the quinoa taste like snacks!



The dessert! We waited for a very long time because the kitchen sort of forgot our order, but it was so worth the wait! I had Grapefruit, which is essentially sour cream espuma covered with chocolate sorbet. But the highlight is the hazelnut nougatine (which was told that it requires a longer time to bake to perfection) that's placed on top of the grapefruit and espuma. The nougatine was heavenly, I cannot stress how good they tasted in my mouth, it was almost orgasmic wtf!

W had Lemon Tart (this girl loves her lemon tart), which is so pretty! I don't edit my food photos so they really look that pretty, as pretty as the girl! I had a small bite and I love it, the lemon curd is so fluffly! At the end of it, we both agree that it was so worth the wait for the dessert.

Ending this post with a pretty picture of us! The server instructed us to pose like that wtf! 

To those looking for a romantic or cozy place to dine in KL, or those who enjoys one of a kind dishes and most importantly, willing to splurge a little, I highly recommend Hit & Mrs. 


till the next pig out,
june.

0 comments:

Post a Comment