Friday, May 22, 2015

revieweats: Thai Bowl Noodle.

Hello you,

Bowl noodle or some call it boat noodle has been quite the trend in JB now, most of you probably have yet to try it because of the long queue or just not have an idea of what this whole "bowl noodle" is about. Well, let me do the job for u then! 

I've recently went down to Thai Bowl Noodle at Mount Austin (their second and newest outlet) to do a review. Boat noodles actually originates from Thailand, known as kuey tiaw rua there, where the noodles are served in really small serving (one mouthful) in a bowl and passed along to the boatmen at the river. As the water might get choppy and the soup might even spilled over, hence the small servings allow them to finish the noodles in just one mouth. Bringing this concept to us, the non-boatmen, Thai Bowl Noodles are also served in mouthful-serving! 

Thai Bowl Noodle has recently opened their 2nd outlet in Mount Austin, their first outlet is at Bukit Indah, I've been to both but I personally prefers the newer outlet cos it's cosier!


The shopfront. 


Plenty of tables to cater to groups of big and small. 


It's facing the water theme park so it's gonna get real crowded when the water park opens. 


No pork, no lard, so friends of all ethnicity are welcomed. 


The graphic arts of Thailand streets caught my eye once I entered the shop.


There are sofa seats as well, great for family and friends gatherings. 


See the bowls stacked at the shelf? You should stack your bowls like this whenever you finished. And then have a competition whose stack is higher haha. 


The kitchen is just right behind the brick wall, you can see all the noodle actions just right there. 


The different condiments provided on every table to enhance the taste of the noodles. My boyf's favorite is the fish sauce, while I added none cos I like it just the way it is!


Your noodles will be served this way, as this time we ordered lesser with each variety so our noodles weren't stacked on the tray. 


This is the beef noodle soup, my 2nd favorite hehe. The portion here is pretty big here, there's the beef ball hidden beneath my noodles, minced beef, kangkung and the soup is very good. I love Thai's soup la honestly. Super love. 


This is the chicken noodle soup, so those who can't take beef can take this. I love this as well. I like the chicken ball better than the beef ball actually, very "bouncy"!


This is the newest addition, the sour spicy noodles. On top of the sour spicy soup, they added peanut chunks and the crispy qiao (fried wonton skin)! Very refreshing, my boyf's favorite soup based. 


Here comes my fave! DRY BEEF NOODLES! I love this so much that I lost count of how many bowls of this I have, definitely more than 5 of this alone (don't count the rest ok). I love that a little chilli is added to the noodles and that the noodles are super dry but yet you could still taste a bit of soup in it. I'm not really a soup person so this really appeals to me! Needless to say the beef ball is super bouncy! I like the chicken one too, aiya I super love the dry noodles! Mad love. If they make it into bigger bowls, I would order it everyday. 


Their newest snack, crispy qiao! Fried wanton skin with sweet Thai chilli sauce. I love this. Wish they add this in every noodle hehe. 


When you're done stacking, proceed to the cashier counter to make your payment! Well, good news! For this month, every bowl of noodles will be at RM1 for the outlet at Mount Austin! What better time to go but NOW!


Tell me you can do much better than this! 

Thai Bowl Noodle 
62, Jalan Austin Height 2/8
Taman Mount Austin
81100 Johor Bahru

16, Jalan Indah 15/1
Taman Bukit Indah
79100 Johor Bahru

xox,
june.

0 comments:

Post a Comment