Friday, May 22, 2015

restaurants underrated: Pot's Industries.

hello you,

Haven't been blogging about underrated restaurants lately, actually I have quite a few of them but I haven't been going back often enough to try out more food (just in case the others didn't taste as good ma) so be patient k!

Well, I've always liked Pot's, they have Pot's Kitchen at Jalan Pahang (the jalan tan hiok nee area) but I thought the space was too too small. So happy they have opened a much bigger outlet and what's even better, it's super near my house. Finally a place to lepak.

They named this Pot's Industries instead, menu slightly different but still amazing. Space is so much bigger, even with an outdoor patio, perfect for garden parties. Honestly, it's not really underrated, it's actually very popular among the malay crowds. I've went there thrice and every single time it was almost full, so full like I've to sit at the bar or at this little tiny table at the end. Although a part of me wants to keep this my hidden gem (among my friends la) but good things really must share la.

They have quite a variety of cakes everyday, but I'm not a cake person la. The other time I saw ombre cake while I was leaving, maybe I shall give that a try the next time I visit.

Hashtagging is the new @ now. #potsindustries.

This was the first time I went, I thought it was going to be like Pot's Kitchen, with just snacks and my boyf's favourite orange smoothie, but the menu was almost entirely different. So many entrees la. Totally regretted going after dinner cos I was very full. Pardon the bad picture, but this was the stakehouse fries, supposedly with aioli but I think they ran out of it so it was just sos cili biasa. Portion is huge people, like really huge.

The second time I went, I still went after dinner la. But we managed to eat a bit! This was Orange Fantasy (or something, sorry I can't remember much about drinks), we thought it would be the Orange Smoothie but turned out not. But still good. Their mocktails are pretty kickass I would say.

Mango Margarita. A little sour but still good!

This is the onion rings. I wasn't kidding when I said the portion is huge. We ordered their Indonesian Style Nasi Goreng (must order!) but the picture was terrible. Don't worry, I ate that again the next time I went so just scroll down and you will see the fried rice in all its glory.

Chocolate Chip Milkshake, very good also.
Orange Shake (I think). All their drinks are so good, blindfold yourself and anyhow order and they are good la. No kidding really!

Tadah!!!! The Indonesian Style Nasi Goreng. THIS IS THE BOMB. I mean, I know you are going to tell me nasi goreng taste the same everywhere, but sorry loh, they don't loh. This one super uhmazing I tell you. The fried rice is so hot and spicy it burns ok! So shiok omg! The portion is big, I supposed they know we won't get enough. Then there's the fried chicken wing. SO GOOD ALSO. And there's pandan chicken wing, that one also good. This dish is flawless la. The only fault I can find is maybe it's too spicy la. If it's less spicy, I think I can finish in 5 minutes (too spicy must stop and drink water ma). Please do yourself a favour and go try this out.

I was told their pastas are quite good too, so I ordered the Crabmeat Fettuccine. They added chili padi also so it's mildly spicy. But I didn't quite like it. I personally felt it was too soggy, and maybe the portion was too big and I was a little full from the fried rice already. I shall try the other pasta the next time, so stay tuned! 

There are still so many different entrees like chicken chop etc and they serve brunch too, so please go check them out and tell me what other dishes I should try the next time I go (very soon I supposed).

Till the next pig out!

xox,
june.

0 comments:

Post a Comment