Friday, May 22, 2015

revieweats: Lemon Tree Restaurant.

Hello you,

I've always been told I'm a very fortunate girl, and I agree, I really am! Very thankful for everything that I've been blessed with, especially the love I've received thus far. I've only started blogging for about 2 months and thanks to the invitation of Kim (of testandshare), I got to go for my very first food review for Lemon Tree Restaurant at Taman Melodies. 


Not exactly located at a crowded area, but please don't be fooled by the humble facade of the restaurant. This restaurant has a lot more to offer than just a restaurant with a name from the most earwormic song in the 90s. Don't lie, you're humming the lemon tree song right now, I know! 

Chef Jefferey, the most friendly and down to earth chef cum boss I've ever met, cooked up a few dishes for us to try. We requested for the "underdogs" from the menu, so we have something more interesting to write about. 



I had hot chocolate while Clifford (of poortourman) had iced lemon tea. I won't go too much on the beverages as I'm never a beverage person to begin with. So let's talk about food glorious food!


We started off with the Grilled Chicken Salad. If you noticed, Chef Jefferey uses spring onions as garnishes, this is rather uncommon for most western food but I love it. We chinese love our spring onions, simply because that makes our food a lot more fragrant in taste. Furthermore, despite the usual mayonnaise, the salad has thousand island sauce as dressing. The grilled chicken are grilled well, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. And croutons! I love love love croutons, maybe because I don't eat the greens so croutons make the lettuce and gang so much tastier! This dish is priced at RM9.50. 


You're probably thinking this is some fried mee or something, but hahaha this is spaghetti with black pepper cream! Who would've thought pasta could be so "wet" with gravy right! The black pepper cream (homemade from scratch black pepper sauce with cream) is not too spicy and not too "geli", just the right amount of sass! Spring onion once again! I personally find this dish very fusion and yet very creative. I like black pepper sauce, but I'm not someone who fancy a lot of meat so I usually pass for black pepper chicken chop (most common out there), but I super love pasta so this dish fits right in for me! This dish is priced at RM10.80. 


Next pasta dish (yay!) is the Spaghetti Salmon Alio-Olio, priced at RM19.80. I love alio-olio, but it's not easy to find a restaurant that serves good alio-olio, they're either too oily or too bland, with the former being the most common. However, the alio-olio at Lemon Tree is done just right! Not too oily and the pasta is still al-dente. So good! This time it wasn't too spicy because Chef Jefferey chose to use normal chilli instead of chili padi so kids can have it too. For those of you who likes alio-olio to be on the spicier end, you can always request for extra spicy with chili padi. Oh! The pan fried salmon is amazing too, tender and juicy and fresh! What differentiates this dish is that Chef Jefferey added his homemade from scratch pesto on top of it all to give it a stronger taste. Most dishes are inspired by Northern Italian cooking, hence a lot of spring onion is used as garnishes as opposed to basil and rosemary and the omre common herbs. I'm definitely coming back for this.


Fish and Chips, the most common but hold your horses people, this dish is priced at RM9.80. Yes! I can't believe my own eyes either! Is it still possible to find such big portion of fish and chip at below RM10?! Not oily, no fishy smell, what more can you ask for seriously? Chef Jefferey painstakingly handmade almost all the sauces and mixture, including the batter for the fish. Kudos to him, "homemade" is so hard to find nowadays!


As if all these dishes aren't enough, Chef Jefferey whipped up a pizza for us to share! This is the Island Seafood Pizza, priced at RM19.80. Can I reiterate that Chef Jefferey also made the pizza dough himself? Do I really need to give more reasons to come try? Thousand Island sauce (hence the name) as the base, so refreshing! With tuna and lots of cheese! Mad love! 


Besides western, Lemon Tree offers a lot of local dishes too! Crowd pleasers are the Kampung Fried Rice and the Seafood Mee Mamak. See the price? See the price? So unbelievable but you must believe! Next time I'm trying more local dishes hehe!


The address and operation hours are here, the chef at the top left corner is Chef Jefferey! Super friendly and nice, so if you do see him, say hi and feel free to let him know your opinions! 


Plenty of news writeups on Lemon Tree framed up on the wall, most of the customer base are regulars, I don't have a doubt about it. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a regular too! Chef Jefferey mentioned that he will be coming up with a brand new menu soon, I can't wait for it!


It's a little easy to miss out on the junction so look out for the yellow walls! Go try out the dishes and please let me know how you find them!

Once again thank you Kim for the invitation and thank you Chef Jefferey for your kind hospitality, see you soon!

xox,
june.



0 comments:

Post a Comment